Callimachus Enterprise is an enterprise-grade Web application server for Linked Data. Callimachus Enterprise allows enterprise developers to build robust production applications on Linked Data and to manage the collection and creation of Linked Data across your enterprise. These features make Callimachus Enterprise an excellent platform for creating highly scalable applications using distributed data.
Callimachus Enterprise includes a full Web-based development environment which allows enterprise developers to develop, deploy and support custom applications within and across multiple instances.
Here is a recent sample of organizations that have adopted Callimachus by sector.
- Supports Linked Data Services for the US EPA; and
- Persistence Management and Reporting
Partnered with the Winvale, widely recognized as the leading GSA Schedule and Sales Consultancy and provider of solutions to federal, state and local agencies, 3 Round Stones offers solutions on the GSA Schedule 70 to its government clients.
- Provides agile publishing workflow solution that combines content from company document management stores with open Web content and a variety of enterprise systems.
“Wiki-based systems don’t handle structured content well nor do they promulgate change well. Callimachus focuses on capturing structured content as Linked Data for data management, with compelling visualizations for analysis.” Enterprise developer, Chicago
- Sentara Healthcare recently developed a Web and mobile application called Weather Health that combines daily open government data feeds from the US National Library of Medicine, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency (NOAA), US EPA and DBpedia.
- Aims to help patients better respond to chronic conditions and reduce costly emergency visits.
“There is a difference between the ontologists & UI guys [who work in HTML/CSS]. Using Callimachus, the UI guys don’t have to become ontology experts and the ontologists don’t need to look under the hood at the UI code.” Biology Informaticist, UK
- Helping an international pharmaceutical firm relate detailed outcomes of external clinical trials to enterprise research.
- Active PURLs for clinical study aggregation provides coordinated views of distributed information.
- Researchers in Brazil, Europe and the United States are standardizing metadata and combining data from different systems using Callimachus.
- Researchers in Finland created a “virtual machine laboratory” to track mechanical parts and how they related to each other for industrial assembly line automation.